Sunday, July 20, 2014

Semana Dos

The MTC is still awesome, and I still am not overly stressed but I will admit that my brain is fried, all the spanish work and other things we have to do in such a short amount of time is mind blowing but the Lord has been very gracious in blessing me.

So no pictures this week, I forgot my camera at the apartment. 

Week two has been so crazy. The guy who was playing our "investigator" couldn't come twice in a row, so we taught him over email. We've taught him two more times since then. So far we've managed to teach the entire first lesson and part of the second lesson in Spanish. I can't really tell if he actually understands what we're saying or if he's just nodding his head. 

Some advice I have for any future missionaries, join the MTC choir. It is the best way to feel the spirit. 
This Sunday we had a devotional by Janice Kapp Perry and her husband, it was both spiritual and hilarious. For those of you who don't know Janice Kapp Perry wrote a ton of LDS music including a lot of the primary songs. She was telling the story of the first time her husband talked to her, they were in the same music class at byu and preparing for their clarinet final. She was sucking on her reed when Brother Perry came up and told her that he was pretty sure those lips were made for something better than sucking on reeds. Everyone laughed, and it looked like Brother Perry was sort of embarrassed but he turned the tables on Sister Perry by standing up and giving her a surprise kiss. All the missionaries about died laughing. It wasn't only funny but it was also sweet to see how she reacted to that, you could really tell that they loved each other. 

This Tuesday we had a devotional and it was amazing, as part of the MTC choir I got to sing Praise to the Man. This devotional was really special because this last week was the Mission Training for the all the new mission presidents so the 1st Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 were all on campus. 

Unfortunately not all of them came to the devotional but we did have 6 of the apostles there. It was super cool. Elder Christofferson gave the devotional on the worth of souls and it was so powerful.

On wednesday we got super sad news, Elder White or Elder "Blanco" as he is affectionately known is being sent to the Mexico MTC. Elder White has been hands down declared as the District favorite and we are all super sad that he's going to be leaving. When he got the paper it said that he was leaving at 2:30a.m. but they forgot to tell him that it was next week so he packed up all his stuff that day and woke up super early and went down to the front desk just to find out that it wasn't time for him to go. So it was a wonderful surprise for all of us to see him in the cafeteria the next day. He came over with whip cream and syrup spread all over his potatoes, and in response to why he did it he said "well, you gotta live." I figured that as tired as he was, he was welcome to eat whatever. 

So the MTC has truly been wonderful, I have never had the spirit as constantly in my life before as I have had these past 11 days and I really am so excited to go out and serve the Lord. 

If I could just ask a favor, I have some wonderful pictures of my family to take on my mission with me, but it would be nice to have a few of my friends as well. So if any of you would be willing to send me a photo in a letter that I could take that would be awesome, unfortunately email won't work cause we don't have access to printers.

I love you all,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment