Sunday, July 20, 2014

Semana Cuatro (July 12, 2014)

So there's been quite a few adventures this week. I play soccer with some of the other Elders and got a huge bruise when me and another Elder both went for the ball. I was shooting and he tried to block me and we ended up kicking shin on shin about as hard as we could. It would have been worth it if I had actually made the shot but I shot over the goal by inches. And then I sliced my hand open when I climbed the fence to retrieve a ball that had been kicked over. It's healing nicely though.

We've started teaching an investigator that doesn't know English at all really. And it is amazing how blessed my tripanionship has been with the Gift of Tongues. Are Spanish has progressed beyond what could be conceivably be considered reasonable for the amount of time we have been studying in the MTC. Now we still have terrible grammar, but we do have the ability to teach the lessons. It's been amazing to see the changes that E our Investigator has gone through in just this short amount of time. The spirit was so strong in our last lesson where she prayed to know if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. But then it was sort of frustrating that she either didn't feel the spirit, or that she wouldn't admit it. But the simple fact that she prayed was a miracle, in our first lesson she told us that the only reason she was meeting with us was that so she could make sure she didn't lose her ability to speak Spanish while she was her in the United States.

This last Tuesday Elder Neil L Anderson, came and spoke to us about the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was amazing. I just love being in the MTC and being taught by the apostles of the church. So far we've had a devotional by one or more of the quorum of the 12 almost every week! One of the things Elder Anderson emphasized was that spiritual learning is not a matter of a charismatic speaker it is a matter of the spirit. Often times the spirit is thought of as a feeling that comes when we want it to, The spirit is a real being, without a body, but a real being nonetheless, and it will only come when the circumstances are correct for it to. You cannot force the spirit to come.

I'm so excited that I'll be leaving for Argentina in just 16 days!
I love you all
Elder Jonathan Peterson








No comments:

Post a Comment